This recipe was found on the lovely pinterest. And it was one that I thought was so cute, so simple, yet amazing, and I just had to try instantly. So I repinned it, and went shopping. Originally found here!
I loved this recipe I made it twice. I had half a can of apple pie filling left over, so I bought another box of pie crusts and made them again! They also didn’t last a week… so… Here’s the recipe!
1 Box of frozen Pie Crust (2 sheets per box), I used Pillsbury
approx. 1 Can of Apple Pie Filling (just enough for a thin layer)
2 tbsp. Cinnamon/Sugar
1 tbsp. Nutmeg
Flour, so the pie crust doesn’t stick to your work surface
A round cookie cutter, I used a wine glass since I didn’t have any cookie cutters
Baking sheet covered in parchment/baking paper
- Lay out a sheet of Pie Crust, sprinkle it with some flour and slightly roll it out, just to increase its surface area.
- Cut out your circles, I made about 12 with one sheet of pie crust
- Coarsely chop the Apple Pie Filling into small pieces…
- Lay out the apple pie filling on your circular pieces of pie crust.
- Roll out the second sheet of Pie Crust the same size as the first sheet, and slice it into strips
- Create a lattice crust for the top of the pie filling. Create your lattice on top of the actual filling, as if it were a pie!
- Brush the tops of your cookies with either egg wash or left over apple pie filling
- Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar and nutmeg.
- Place them onto a baking sheet and bake them at 350 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes, until they’re golden and firm. Let them cool just a little.