June 2013, 6/30
One of my favorite recipes of all time is this one, fluffy delicious chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. I’ve made these for years, not just during “pumpkin” season, but all year long. Most recently I made them last week, one batch makes a large amount of bite sized cookies that do not last the week here in my house.
They are pretty simple to make, quick and easy, and the pumpkin makes them light and fluffy.
Just writing this and putting these pictures in makes me want to eat them, like right now.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
pinch of ground ginger
1/ 2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
15 oz can of pure pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger together and set aside. Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar together in a large mixer bowl.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add egg and beat well until fully incorporated.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let sit on hot baking sheet for 2 more minutes.